November 18, 2010
Guest Speaker Leon Spackman
PMC Solutions employees attended the Albuquerque Quality Network (AQN) Workshop on November 18, 2010. The guest speaker was Leon Spackman whose presentation was “Lean:Change Your Culture To Continually Look For Improvements” . Mr. Spackman is“currently the Lean Project Manager for Lovelace Health Plan. He is responsible for implementing and managing the Lean process improvement methodology across the organization. Prior to joining Lovelace, he was the Senior Vice President for Organizational Performance at Kirtland Federal Credit Union and previously served as Director of Business Process Improvement with PMC Solutions, Inc. He served with the US Air Force for over 20 years leading and directing diverse organizations around the world. Leon is a certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt and certified Project Management Professional.” — AQN
The very informative presentation covered Lean fundamentals giving the listener an overall view of the importance of Lean methodology, vocabulary and cultivating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Lean reduces waste, focuses on customers, and shortens cycle time
- Must calibrate our “lens” to recognize waste
- Need to change our way of thinking to cultivate a culture of continuous improvement
- Long term commitment of resources, training, and patience
- Continuous improvement is hard—expect it to be so
To view Leon’s Power Point on Lean, please click on the link below.